Personal Information Protection Policy
Enacted on February 2016
Revised on July 2017
The Foundation for International Transfer of Skills and Knowledge in Construction (hereinafter referred to as “our organization”) recognizes the importance of protecting personal information and we will strive to protect it by thoroughly informing our organization’s officers and employees to respect and comply with Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant laws and ministerial guidelines based on the following policies.
- Collection of personal information
- Collection of personal information will be done by legal and fair procedures.
- Purpose of using personal information
Personal information collected by our organization will be used only for the following purposes and will not be used for purposes other than its intended purpose of use.
- To gather and provide information and support on proper sending and acceptance of skilled foreign workers (foreign technical interns, foreign construction workers and others who practice and acquire techniques, skills and knowledge of Japan).
- To provide guidance and advice on appropriate promotion of skilled foreign worker acceptance programs.
- To provide support for smooth acquisition of techniques, skills and knowledge of foreign skilled workers.
- To provide consultation and advice in native languages regarding employment, safety and health, wellness, etc. of skilled foreign workers,
- To hold workshops and seminars regarding acceptance and cultivation of foreign skilled workers.
- For publication and enlightenment on acceptance and cultivation of foreign skilled workers.
- For overseas training and skill assessment of foreign skilled workers.
- For other necessary project to achieve the purposes of our organization.
- Provision of personal information to third party
Our organization will not provide personal information to a third party without prior consent except in the following cases. Furthermore, we will provide necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision over outsourcing parties, clients and any other, in case of consigning the handling of personal information.
- When based on laws and regulations
- When it is necessary for the protection of human life, health or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person himself / herself.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a government agency or a local public entity or an entrusted party who executes operations prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent of the person might impede with the execution of such operation.
- Management of personal information
- Our organization will properly manage the obtained personal information and will take necessary measures to prevent leakage, unauthorized access, theft, loss, destruction, tampering, etc. and take corrective measures.
- To respond appropriately to social and economic changes, our organization will continuously review and make efforts to improve our policies and system to protect personal information held by our organization.
- Disclosure of held personal information
- Our organization will appropriately respond to requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of personal information made by the person himself/herself.
- Our organization set up a personal information inquiry contact to respond appropriately to complaints and other inquiries.
Published on July 2017
Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Kajicho 1-4-3 Takeuchi Building 6F
All Officers and Employees
General Incorporated Foundation
Foundation for International Transfer of Skills and Knowledge in Construction